Image from Pexels
What’s your skincare routine? If you don’t have one yet, we will give you reasons why you should take care of your skin more, plus ideas on how you can do it in the comfort of your home!
Skin is the largest organ in our body. It serves as the body’s shield against infection and other harmful elements. Our skin sheds daily. Meaning, the healthy skin you have today may be gone tomorrow. Shedding causes the skin to look dull and form tiny cracks, leaving us more vulnerable to toxins and other harmful substances from entering the body through the skin.
Here are other reasons why you should have your regular skincare routine:
- Prevention is easier. Taking extra care of your skin means preventing future skin problems such as dryness, wrinkles, and early signs of aging.
- Looking good feels good. Having clean and clear skin can help boost your confidence – and your mood too!
- Having a skin-care routine helps develop other healthy routines. Before or after doing skincare, you can incorporate it with your oral care routine or hair and scalp care routine. Plus, having a skincare routine inspires you to eat healthier and to develop an active lifestyle because of the wonders they do on your beauty canvas.
Help your skin look healthier with these easy-to-do skin care recipes:
- Oat Face Mask
Image from Pexels
- Ground oats (3 tsp)
- Apple cider vinegar (¼ tsp)
- Lemon juice (¼ tbsp)
- Brown sugar (½ tbsp)
Oats have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to treat dry skin and remove dead skin cells. These can absorb excess oil and dirt and treat acne. Apple cider, on the other hand, has astringent properties that increase blood flow to the skin and minimize pores. Using this can also help regulate the skin’s pH level.
- Mix 3 teaspoons ground oats and ¼ teaspoon apple cider in a bowl until smooth paste forms.
- Then add ¼ tablespoon lemon juice and ½ tablespoon brown sugar; stir until the mixture is even. Make sure you apply this after using washing your face.
- Let sit on the face for 10 minutes before rubbing in a circular motion to exfoliate dead skin. Wash face with warm water and pat dry.
- Honey Lip Scrub
Image from Pexels
- Coconut oil (1 tsp)
- Raw honey(1 tsp)
- Rawsugar (2 tbsp)
- Lemon juice
Honey keeps your lips hydrated. It is also used for its healing properties and is perfect for people with chapped lips. To match this, coconut oil is a good moisturizer. It also has properties that can help reduce inflammation and prevent microbes from aggravating acne.
PRO TIPS: Try Honey Propolis Soap is antibacterial soap that aids in treating dry and damaged skin. It contains honey that moisturizes the skin and fixes impurities naturally, giving your skin soft and smooth feel and complexion. For best results, use it for your nighttime baths!
- Rice-Ginger Body Scrub
- Ground rice (½ cup)
- Coconutmilk (½ cup)
- Brown sugar (¼ cup)
- Ground ginger (1 ½ tbsp)
Rice powder is an effective natural exfoliator that removes flaky and dead skin. It also absorbs all sebum, leaving your skin clear and smooth. As for ginger, it has more than 40 antioxidants that are said to fight signs of aging. Aside from removing toxins, it also promotes good blood circulation.
Do take note too that people have different skin types. If a product or regimen your friend uses may not be as good for your skin type. Remember that having healthy skin is a lifelong process, you need to start treating your skin better to get the result you want to achieve. Lighter tone? Darker tone? Soft? Supple? Dewy? Whatever it is, all you need is to start now.
Having healthy skin means maintaining healthy habits. Aside from doing your skincare routine, make sure you also practice an overall healthy lifestyle. Rest for 8 hours a day, keep yourself hydrated, eat good food, and try to exercise for at least an hour a day. Handling stress has its effects on your skin too. Make sure you’re not too stressed and find time to do things you love. All of this will add up to a happier, healthier you – skin and all!